K5 Math Intervention – Best Practices for Better Understanding with Dr. Bill Tozzo
July 22 @ 8:00 am - 3:00 pm$315.00
For our students, the sequential nature of mathematics makes their journey more perilous than any other subject. Small gaps and conceptual deficits quickly become larger gaps and significant conceptual misunderstandings. Trying to close these gaps can be overwhelming for teachers, especially those who already struggle to complete their grade level curriculum. Join Dr. Bill Tozzo and learn how to quickly identify and effectively correct learning deficits – all while keeping pace with your curriculum and maintaining your sanity. You deserve to feel the same success and satisfaction that your students do – let Bill give you the tools you need to make it happen.
Bill has 20 years of full-time K-12 classroom teaching experience. His students have been among the most challenged and diverse to be found in any classroom. His mission has always been to find a better way to “reach them and teach them.” He knows that teachers don’t have the time for fads and strategies that don’t work – because he is a teacher.
Everything you’ll learn from Bill can be put into practice the very next time you step into a classroom. A few popular highlights from this workshop’s curriculum include:
- When and how to assess your students for readiness or remediation
- How to easily track your students’ progress and topic mastery
- How to repair misconceptions and procedural understanding
- Backing out of abstract concepts to move forward – “1 back 2 forward”
- Visual approaches to instruction that deepen understanding and lengthen recall
- Critical abilities that help students access challenging concepts across any curriculum
If you want to simplify your teaching while increasing the impact you have on your students and their learning, this is the workshop for you. So join us for an inspiring and entertaining day of mathematics and intervention strategies that will leave you feeling empowered and ready to meet the needs of any student in your room.