K5 Teaching Math With Children's Literature with Dr. Amy Tozzo
March 5, 2021,8:00 am - 3:00 pm EST$275.00 – $299.00
Overview: Teaching Math with Children's Literature
In this session, you will explore the many benefits of incorporating children's literature into your elementary mathematics instruction. You will be equipped with several examples of picture books, children's literature, lessons, activities, games that creatively extend read-alouds into open-ended opportunities to develop students' mathematical thinking.
Target Audience: Grade 1-5 Educators, Math Coaches, Math Intervention Specialists & Special Educators.
- Support why children's literature is a valuable teaching strategy for mathematics instruction.
- Analyze different types of children's literature that supports math teaching.
- Analyze strategies for effective whole-group or teacher-facilitated math lessons that incorporate children's literature
- Develop active engagement activities to accompany children's literature-based math lessons.
- Generate strategies beyond classroom lessons for using children's literature to teach math.
You will leave this part of the conference saying GOODBYE to math lessons that only focus on numbers, solutions, and computation and HELLO to bringing the best of children's literature into math teaching and learning!
About Dr. Amy Butterfield-Tozzo
To learn more about Dr. Amy you can visit her speaker page.
8:00 – 8:30 – Registration & Coffee/Tea/Water*
8:30 – 12:00 – Instruction
12:00 – 1:00 – Lunch on your own
1:00 – 3:00 – Instruction
3:00 – 3:30 – Q & A with Dr. Amy (Optional)
*Event Parking- Parking is paid by the participants, 12.00 a day, valet only at the hotel.