K5 Singapore Mathematics – Multiplication Fact Development-Strategies to Fluency with Dr. Yeap Ban Har
August 10, 2020,12:15 pm - 1:15 pm EDT$68.00
The focus of this course is facilitating the development of multiplication facts and fact fluency without rote memorization. Dr. Yeap will also discuss the theoretical underpinnings of mathematical fact and fluency development and the connection between mathematical procedures, concepts, and conventions. Your instructor is Dr. Yeap Ban Har, who is considered to be the most accomplished and effective trainer in the world. Among the many concepts Dr. Yeap will teach you in this course are:
- Strategies that empower students while developing fluency
- Approaches to instruction that build understanding and flexibility
- Types of mathematical knowledge and differentiating instruction for each
When its times for your live session with Dr. Yeap, you’ll join your colleagues on the most advanced video conferencing platform available, and be able to get answers to your questions and additional insights into what you’ve learned with Dr. Yeap. There will also be at least one moderator to make sure you are comfortable with the technology and have a successful experience.
The difficult times we find our selves in has certainly created new challenges. Many teachers are confined to their homes, struggling with childcare and family issues, or having trouble making ends meet. We designed our summer courses to meet these challenges and provide our teachers with an exceptional professional development experience. Our summer courses were designed to meet these unique challenges. We call it our “Virtual Asynchronous Mini-Course.” Some of the key components and features include:
- Completely Online – video and live virtual meetings
- Bite-Size – complete the course in 2-3 hours
- Flexible – asynchronous hybrid design and mostly self-scheduled
- Modestly priced – affordable and accessible
The different components of the course will integrate seamlessly and attendees find the convenience and flexibility enjoyable, while the content and instruction will exceed your expectations.
What to Expect
The first part of the course comprises 45-75 minutes of high definition video lessons taught by your trainer, and you may be asked to complete some relevant problems or work prior to the second part of the course. The videos are outtakes from our most popular workshops or recorded specifically for the course, and will be available for you from the time of registration until the live session with your trainer.
The second part is a live video meeting with your fellow course attendees and your trainer. You'll join a private Zoom meeting room where you can collaborate, ask questions, review topics and gain additional insights. If you have not used Zoom before we will provide detailed instructions and support so you can be confident your live meeting with your trainer goes smoothly.
As soon as you register for your training you'll receive two emails – an email from Zoom, and a ticket email that will instruct you how to access your personal course page. Your course page will contain:
- Step-by-step instructions and course requirements
- Your exclusive high definition lesson videos that you can watch whenever you choose. You'll have access until the end of your live meeting with your trainer
- Course handouts you can download and print or import into your device
We’ll be there to support you the entire way. The videos and course materials will take approximately 60-90 minutes to complete and can be viewed whenever convenient, and the live session with your instructor will last for an hour. You won’t believe how much you were able to learn in such a short amount of time.
To ensure everyone has enough time with Dr. Yeap, seats are limited so register early!
5 Reasons to Train with Us
- All of our instructors are accomplished educators with a minimum of 10 years of full-time classroom experience.
- The feedback we receive drives our future workshops – we teach what our teachers want and ask for
- Our workshops are interactive and hands-on and our instructors are friendly and approachable.
- We use a demonstration model for all of our workshops so that you’ll feel comfortable implementing what you’ve learned immediately – because you’ve seen the strategies in action.
- We’re a family-owned small business. We care about our clients and are passionate about what we do.