K5 Mathematical Reasoning & Problem Solving- Spotlight on Fractions & Decimals with Dr. Yeap Ban Har
October 7, 2021$295.00 – $325.00
Do your students struggle with fraction concepts and reasoning? Do you find teaching fractions to be one of the greatest challenges of the school year? Your students aren’t alone and neither are you. No area of elementary mathematics is as cognitively complicated, and difficult to teach as fractions, ratios and proportional reasoning. Join Dr. Yeap Ban Har for an amazing day of professional development and chart a new path to success and higher achievement for your students, and less frustration for yourself.
Dr. Yeap’s teaching is extremely practical and entertaining. Everything you learn can be implemented immediately in your classroom. A few of the popular highlights from this workshops curriculum include:
- The two critical conceptions for understanding and paving the path to future success
- How to quickly identify student misconceptions and shallow understanding of fractions
- Communicating concepts clearly and correctly to avoid student misconceptions
- Developing concrete understanding of fractions with simple manipulatives
- How and when to bridge from concrete understanding to more abstract representations by using bar models and other visual approaches
Children who achieve long term success in mathematics believe they can make sense of mathematics. If you want to help your students make sense of fractions and part-whole reasoning, then this workshop is for you. You’ll leave feeling inspired and empowered; ready to use your newfound skills to meet the needs of your students. So please join Ban Har and the folks at 3R for one of our most popular workshops.
About Dr. Yeap Ban Har
To learn more about Dr. Yeap you can visit his speaker page.
8:00 – 8:30 – Registration & Coffee/Tea/Water*
8:30 – 12:00 – Instruction
12:00 – 1:00 – Lunch
1:00 – 3:00 – Instruction**
3:00 – 3:30 – Q & A with Dr. Yeap (Optional)
*Arrive early for coffee/tea and networking with friends and colleagues.
**Leave at 3:00 pm if you like or spend some more time with us talking about math or take a picture with Ban Har.