- This event has passed.
K5 Assessment & Differentiation with Dr. Yeap Ban Har
March 4,8:00 am - March 5,3:00 pm EST$460 – $550.00
This two-day workshop will focus on using the Singaporean approach to assess your students and differentiate your classroom based on your assessments. You’ll learn how to do accomplish this by using strategies that are grounded in solid research and that won’t complicate your planning or lessons more than necessary.
Contrary to popular belief, differentiation in a mathematics classroom is not the seemingly endless creation of materials, mini-lessons, and assessments for your students. This is unsustainable. As our classrooms grow to be more diverse, our teachers need the tools and resources to face the resulting challenges – tools that work. Dr. Yeap Ban Har will pave the way for all who attend.
About Your Trainer
Dr. Yeap is a world-famous Singapore Mathematics trainer and author. He has trained teachers in over 40 countries around the world and has been called “The Michael Jordan of Singapore Mathematics.” Dr. Yeap’s workshops will inspire, entertain and educate you and your teachers. To learn even more about Dr. Yeap you can visit his speaker page here: Dr. Yeap Ban Har
- Visual strategies to bridge concrete understanding to abstract understanding
- The 5 elements of an effective mathematics lesson
- Identifying advanced learners and extending tasks
- The 4 Foundational Skills for Intervention
- Questioning to build understanding
- Promoting student collaboration and discourse
- Meeting the needs of struggling learners
- Efficient ways to check for understanding and adjust instruction
Dr. Yeap’s workshops are known to inspire, broaden perspective, and change the way his participants think about how they teach. You’ll meet, learn from and network with terrific people like yourself. And at the end of the day, you’ll leave feeling inspired and somewhat overwhelmed with the abundance of useful strategies you can immediately implement in your classroom.
To learn more about Dr. Yeap, you can visit his Speaker Page.
** Days cannot be split between two attendees with one registration. The content taught on both days is sequential and the workshop designed for the time allotted.
March 4th & 5th
- 8:00 – 8:30 am Coffee/Tea and Registration*
- 8:30 – 12:00 – Instruction
- 12:00 – 1:00 pm – Lunch- On your own
- 1:00 – 3:00 –Instruction
- 3:00 – 3:30 pm – Open Questions and Pictures**
*Arrive early for coffee/tea and networking with friends and colleagues.
**Leave at 3:00 pm if you like or spend some more time with us talking about math or take a picture with Ban Har.
Event Parking- Parking is paid for by the participants, 12.00 a day, valet only at the hotel.